Friday, December 3, 2010

Group presentation on bullying

When people say or feel like they are a victim of bullying I can relate to them. Being bullied is not fun to experience and with bullying becoming a major issue across the world makes the thought of it even worse. I never thought in my entire life that bullying would start to kill people. Sure bullies would make you cry or make you feel uncomfortable when in your presence but not kill.
This group’s presentation went into details on how bullying starts, the various styles, and the effects. Also, they briefly stated the how’s and why’s of bullying. I truly do not see why someone would want bully another human being. It’s just not logical to me. Don’t all kids learn at a young age to treat others the way they would want to be treated? From what the statistics show I guess not. Did you know that 38% of the parents in the United States bully their own children? That is just disgusting and they know they are living life mighty foul! Why would you abuse your own blood ones? That is just so sad to me and messed up part about it is that 7 times out of 10 they learn the bullying at home.
Bullies never fazed me until the 5th grade. Shondra Cummings used to bully me every day after our first class change. It never was as serious as the foolishness going on today but, she bullied me because my hair was prettier than hers and I was too “uppity” for her. How is a 9 or 10 year old uppity? Well, back then I never wanted to find out and the day she got kicked out of our school was the happiest day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment