Friday, December 10, 2010

The Effects of Young People

Young People like me. Young people like me have made a difference in this world that continue to affect the generation we live in now! Dr. Pollard's presentation on the impact that young people have made was mind-blowing. There are a lot of people who would not want to recognize that many of the movements that have been significan in the history of the African-American negro have come because of the wisdom of the older generation and the action of the younger. There were so many names that Dr. Pollard mentioned in his presentation with amazing perspective on why they are significant. From Lauryn Hill, A Tribe Called Quest, Afrika Bambaataa, Curtis Mayfield, James Brown, to Jay-Z, Nas, Tupac Shakur, Notorious B.I.G., and Kanye West. He mentioned many of the thinkers, philosophers, and idealists who will shape this generation. He began speaking about the consciousness of our generation and the responsibility that is required from all of the people are privy to this information. Within our generation, we have socially conscious artists who not only shape the way that we think, dress, and act, but are an artistic outlet for those of us who don't have the voice to project to millions of people at a time. He finished off the presentation with one of my favorite videos from Jadakiss, "Why", which happens to be one of my favorite songs. The song is filled with questions about the government and many of the questions that people our age should be talking about. I appreciated this presentation so much because I just knew that it was from the heart. It inspired to look more into the impact that I can make right now. Because people my age are doing it now....

No comments:

Post a Comment