Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Importance of Ancient Scribes

Today in freshman seminar we learned about the importance of scribes. It wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. I learned a lot of cool information and facts. It makes me feel good that my ancestors not only were kings and queens but they also invented different forms of writing. The Ancient Egyptian civilization impacted the world and makes me proud of my African culture.

This lesson was based off of the scribes in ancient Egypt and its importance to today society. The scribes in ancient Egypt were important because back then most people could not read nor write. The scribes were often found at places like temples, cities and right beside the king. The wrote down the daily routines from every part of modern life. Scribes did not have to do the hard work that most of the Egyptians did and were exempted from slavery and other sorts of jobs.

Scribes were found in most areas of Egypt and even in Europe. The Cuneiform was one of the first forms of writing. It was founded in the city of Mesopotamia and is a vital place in the history of writing. The French Pose style was transformed from ancient cuneiform writings by the famous scribe Jean Mielot.

Overall, I believe that today lessons was very influential to me and my peers as well. It feels good to know that the ancestors before has had a huge impact on the world and the present. If it was not for them then society as we know it would not be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment